New User ? Sign Up  |  Sign In  |  Help
Strange Questions
Get the Answers at Strange Questions!
Search for questions :
My Profile


Open Questions Bookmark and Share

how do I get a copy of my birth certificate ?

How do i get a copy of my birth certificate?

5294 day(s) ago

    Comment(s) (0)
    Report Abuse
   Find Interesting  
   Email to Friends  
   Subscribe to Answer Alert  
No comments yet !!!     Be the first to comment !!!
Answers (1)

Birth certificates are handled by state agencies. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a page listing where to apply for this information:]Vital Documents

You will need to make the request to the state or territory you were born in.
This is typically handled by the state's health department, or a government office specializing in statistics.

The information needed to request the certificate varies state to state, but most will include the following:

Full name of person shown on the birth certificate: This is the name you had when you were born, not your married name, or a name you had it changed to later.
Date of Birth: Month, day, and year
Place of Birth: City and county
Full name of the mother, including the mother's maiden name
Full name of the father
Relationship to the person named on the birth certificate requested: Relatives can request birth certificates under circumstances, as can someone with power of attorney over your estate.

In most cases, you will need a certified birth certificate. This will have the registrar's signature and seal, as well as the date the certificate was filed with the office. If you request multiple copies, only the first copy will be certified.

If you were born overseas as an American citizen, you may have a birth certificate from the country you were born in, but you will need a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA or FS-240) from the U.S. Department of State Passport Services to prove that you are an American citizen. This includes people born on foreign U.S. military bases, even though the land they're on are technically considered to be part of America. When asked for your birth certificate, you will need to submit the CBRA, or the CBRA together with your foreign birth certificate.

If you were born at a base in the U.S, the birth certificate is still issued by the state you were born in. Typically, this will be filed in the town closest to the base.

Posted 5294 day ago

( 0 )
( 0 )
    Comment(s) (0)
   Report Abuse
No comments yet !!! Be the first to comment on this answer !!!

Edit your answer. Click save when done.
Question Title how do I get a copy of my birth certificate ?
Your Answer
Character Count ( Max. - 5000 ) : 44
Email this question link to friends
Please enter e-mail address and name for each friend..
Friend #1 -
Friend #2 -
Friend #3 -
Friend #4 -
Friend #5 -
  Your comment on this question
Max Allowed : 5000 Characters Current Count : 0
  Your comment on this answer
Max Allowed : 5000 Characters Current Count : 0

Copyright © 2024 Terms & Conditions