This is a difficult situation, but one that can be remedied easily if you are courageous enough. You say you see him now sometimes, so I am assuming you still have the same group of friends, and you see him when your friends get together.
In either situation, the best way to find out is to do this: When you see him, approach him when no one else is around. Look him in the eye, and repeat this wonderful question I am about to impart to you. “Do you like me?” While this may be difficult and embarrassing, it is quick and the surest way to know. If he says yes, then great. If he hesitates, tell him that you like him and want to see if the feeling is mutual. You can let the conversation naturally evolve until the truth is out. If he says no, then you might be hurt momentarily, but it means you are free to move on with your life. Six years is far too long to spend tied up to a guy without knowing if he even likes you.
If you don’t feel like you can be this direct, have a friend ask for you or have a friend let him know that you like him. Communication is the real key to relationships. It’s best to start one with good communication, and hopefully, if it works out, you can continue to keep open lines of communication throughout the relationship.
If there is no possible way you or another person can ask him about this or even subtly slip it into a conversation, all you have left is to try to pick up on the hints. This doesn’t always work, and in the end, you may still never know, because eventually you are going to have to talk to him if you want something to develop. Here are some signs that he might like you:
• When you see him, step closer to him than you normally would with someone else. If he doesn’t move away, he may like you.
• If he always finds a reason to be near you or he often shows up unexpectedly at places where you are, he may like you.
• If he talks about you with his friends or with your friends, he may like you.
• If you catch him staring at you, and he looks away suddenly when you catch him, he may like you.
• If he smiles a lot when you meet a gaze or when you talk together, he may like you.
• If he pays attention to you when you are talking, he probably likes you.
• If he asks you out, he probably likes you.
Posted 3841 day ago